Business Intelligence Analyst
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Birmingham, AL 35209
Job Title: Business Intelligence Analyst
Req ID: 17117
Job Category: Information Technology
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Responsible for developing and supporting Business Intelligence solutions as part of the Enterprise Business Intelligence team. Responsible for evaluating and developing performance review processes. Works in conjunction with management to define business objectives, develop KPIs to manage objective outcomes. Provides recommendations to senior management that leverage outcome of empirical data analysis.
Works with senior management team and operation-level managers to design and maintain sales and operations based metrics. Functions include but not limited to:
- Develop graphs, reports, and presentations of project results
- Perform basic statistical analyses for projects and reports
- Design, create, & present quality dashboards
- Develop recommendations based on outcomes
Works as a member of the business intelligence team, participating in defining the requirements for data warehousing and analytical data structures.
Identifies, analyzes, interprets trends or patterns in complex data sets and introduces policy recommendations based on complex data.
Analyzes and resolves issues with current and planned reporting systems (Oracle, UltiPro, etc.) as they relate to the integration and management of sales/operations
Drives results by reviewing the analysis and performance metrics with key management personnel
Duties – cont’d
- Collaborates with senior sales management and provides market research, sales forecasts, and development of sales KPIs to measure
- Performance to Plan
- Reasons for Sales Forecast Deviation.
- Design data models, build reports and data visualizations
- Performance to other strategic initiatives as defined by senior management
- Compiles information from various databases and data systems so that collected data can be integrated and applied to management level reporting.
- Works with a variety of technologies (including but not limited to SQL, SQL Server Reporting Services, Excel, SAS) to design and develop and distribute business intelligence solutions.
- Ability to design, analyze, translate and present complex data into management information. (3+)
- Experience in developing reports, dashboards, and data visualization techniques (3+)
- Translating and documenting of business needs to technical requirements (3+)
- Developing and implementing educational curriculum around reporting definitions and capabilities (2+)
- Creates data validation review processes and test plans (2+)
- Manages and best allocates BI Helpdesk requests to appropriate team members (2+)
- Advanced technical knowledge of SSRS Report Developer, SSRS Mobile Report Developer, Tableau, Crystal Reports, advanced MS Excel, Power BI, and PowerPoint.
- Technical expertise regarding data models and database design development.
- Adept at report writing.
- Key knowledge of statistics in order to interpret, apply, and communicate meaning of captured statistical results.
- Ability to locate and… For full info follow application link.
STERIS Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.