Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Madison, AL 35758
BASIC FUNCTION: The successful candidate is a member of the Manufacturing Group and general responsibilities for utilization of manpower, materials and equipment to ensure that products are manufactured with the highest regard for quality and employee safety in a JIT manufacturing environment. This position is one of three reporting to the Department Manager.
The successful candidate will have the accountability to:
• Ensure compliance with all safety and plant policies and procedures throughout the plant.
• Provide leadership and guidance to supervisory staff and hourly employees to safely produce quality products within scheduled times.
• Follow up and assist investigation on production problems in areas of safety, quality, operation efficiencies and utilizations, and product delivery.
• Ensure shift summaries and all necessary paperwork is completed in a timely manner.
• Coordinate, resolve and report shift occurrence/problems across all manufacturing departments on off-shifts including emergency evacuation/medical occurrences.
• Foster and support employee development.
• Support and participate in DNUS policies and programs (Kaizen, Health and Safety, etc.)
• You are responsible for contributing to the achievement of the Quality Objectives.
PLANT SALES: N/A
NUMBER SUPERVISED: Up to five supervisors .
PRINCIPAL WORKING RELATIONSHIP: Internal – employees, supervisors, managers, VP, in-house suppliers.
• Grade 12
• Three years experience preferred in Paint or Assembly
• Assisting manager in budgets.
• Manpower requirements.
• Troubleshooting/countermeasures for problems.
• Enforcement of policies/procedures.