Equipment Systems Application Engineer (HVAC)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Hoover, AL 35244
Equipment Systems Application Engineer (HVAC) (WD30084518297)
What you will do
Under general direction, supports the construction sales team by assisting with pre and post sales activities on building systems and equipment project opportunities. Although the role is primarily weighted with execution of our equipment business, the ratio of pre and/or post sales activities will vary based on assigned branch type, assigned Account Execs and customer expectations.
Pre-sales activities include, but are not limited to; system configuration validation, HVAC equipment and/or controls selection for basis of design as well as bidding, application and pricing. This role will receive direction, coaching and support from assigned account executives and sales leadership on pre-sale needs and expectations.
Post sales activities include equipment project execution that is profitable, accurate, on-time, within the scope of the contract and in alignment with customer expectations. Develops and provides detailed engineering information and submittals to communicate design, configuration, operating and installation requirements to customers, consultants, Johnson Controls service and necessary subcontractors. Works with assigned sales team to maintain an effective balance between customer satisfaction and project financial results when performing pre-sale and/or post sale duties.
How you will do it
- Provides technical support, selections and limited estimating support to Account Execs during project design or proposal phase. Assists as needed in developing the customer business case for the conceptual solution.
- Supports detailed estimating of projects for Account Execs to finalize and present to clients. Validates assumptions made during proposal and development phase. Builds a detailed cost estimate and scope of work for assigned projects in conjunction with Sales. Assists in preparing proposals and other customer communication documents.
- Prepares customer proposals and quote letters for assigned projects. Includes project takeoffs, specification review, special quote generation and RFQ and RFI issuance
- Supports Account Execs’ efforts to become basis of design through timely selections, specifications, sequences, drawings and review of documents as required.
- Manages project Profit and Loss (P&L) and customer satisfaction for all projects assigned. Accomplishes this utilizing the Johnson Controls equipment order execution process, including; execution of the equipment orders, startup and final payment.
- Works closely with management and administration to coordinate backlog execution, schedule and forecast execution of equipment projects up to two years in advance.
- Interprets engineering drawings and specifications in order to develop and provide engineered equipment submittals in compliance with; contract drawing, site coordination, and site installation requirements.
- Follows standardized submittal generation guidelines for preparation and processing of equipment engineering submittals, including but not limited to; final coil selection, coil hand coordination, fan selection, chiller performance verification, chiller configuration and option selection so as to match schedule, drawing and specification requirements.
- Verifies that Johnson Controls has an “approved” equipment submittal and… For full info follow application link.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.