Operating Room Liaison - Minimally Invasive
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Mobile, AL 36695
Job Title: Operating Room Liaison – Minimally Invasive
Req ID: 17440
Job Category: Clinical Support, Operations & Education
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Coordination and oversight of daily activities between the OR and Sterile Processing Department (SPD) to facilitate efficient case flow both inside and outside of the OR Responsible for projects and process improvement initiatives in compliance with contractual obligations. Promotes customer service/satisfaction through training, education, and communication with staff and physicians.
- Assists the operating room staff in preparing the OR suite for surgery by assisting in instrument and equipment preparation.
- Works cooperatively with Surgery and Central Sterile to jointly resolve issues or develop better services for surgical implementation.
- Supports Surgery staff by ensuring communication with Central Sterile and facility staff prior to and during cases to ensure all instruments, disposables and equipment are present prior to surgery start time. Must be able to resolve issues or offer alternatives when necessary.
- Facilitates action required to obtain additional instruments, equipment and/or other items during surgery. Verifies that required instrumentation has been sterilized and is available for next-day, call or weekend cases.
- Provides instrument maintenance and cleaning.
- Performs inventory replacement procedures to ensure all instrumentation is in OR suite in advance of cases.
- Creates and maintains IMS/physician preference cards and assists in updating and maintaining facility preference cards.
- Addresses issues in communication/procedures by proactively reviewing SOPs and procedures and suggesting modifications to ensure clear and precise communication and actions with all affected departments.
- Participates and assists in employee orientation, on the job training, in-service education and IMS or facility quality assurance programs when needed.
- Responds to problem calls from Surgery during and after regular business hours as required by contract.
- Always communicates in a professional manner to all hospital staff and company employees.
- Transports sterilized instrumentation to the OR area as needed.
- Assists in removing soiled or un-sterile instrumentation and scopes from the OR area, transporting them to the designated cleaning area as needed.
- Ensures quality of care by cleaning, maintaining and assisting in the repair of IMS and designated hospital instrumentation and equipment.
- Processes and cleans all equipment according to IMS and manufacture’s guidelines, including the use of protective equipment as indicated in IMS SOPs.
Duties – cont’d
- Places instrumentation in appropriate containers using IMS tray list. Ensures all instruments are properly arranged in instrument trays and have no broken insulation or broken operational parts.
- Routinely lubricates all instrumentation to ensure proper operation of moveable parts, according to IMS and manufactures’ guidelines.
- Utilizes the Hi-pot and Rigid Ready Tester on all instruments and scopes.
- Assists in the routing of instrumentation for routine sharpening by… For full info follow application link.
STERIS Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.