CDL Driver/Collector - Residential
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Cullman, AL 35055
The Cullman County Commission’s Sanitation Department is hiring a Full Time Residential Driver/Collector. The employee is responsible for driving garbage truck on an assigned route. Will maintain assigned vehicle and inspect for possible problems. Will report any problems and complaints encountered along the route to the supervisor.
- Must possess an Alabama Class B CDL.
- Ability to meet County Insurance requirements.
- Ability to communicate clearly with co-workers and supervisors.
- Ability to get on and off truck numerous times across the work day.
- Ability to climb on top of and under truck as required.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions as needed.
- Ability to work non-standard hours, holidays, and weekends as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
This is a “Safety-Sensitive” position. The successful candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and physical. The employee will be subject to random and routine unannounced drug screening throughout their employment with the County in a “Safety-Sensitive” position.