Isolation Test Plug Technician
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Mobile, AL 36619
Isolation Test Plug TechnicianTEAM, Inc. is seeking an Isolation Test Plug Technician local to the Mobile, AL area for a full-time position.
Applicants should have a strong mechanical background with 3 years of experience preferred.
Urine based and hair follicle drug screens required.
Great benefits package included.
Come join our winning TEAM.
TEAM’s philosophy for assuring safe hot work environment and weld integrity for welded piping connections is as follows: Safely install an Isolation Tools to ensure a proper isolation where the lines cannot be purged free of all gas vapors. Perform localized hydrostatic testing and partial system hydrostatic testing to ensure the integrity of welded connections.
- Safety Requirements
- Isolation Preparation
- Isolation Application
- Testing Applications
- Special Testing
Primary role is to execute isolation and hydrostatic weld testing services in accordance with the approved site and company procedures.
The technician is directly responsible for the execution of the services in accordance with the requirements of the site and team processes and procedures.
The technician undertakes the training and development to continuously improve their skills and levels of competence and knowledge.
The technician may be required to lead other technicians on site.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a safe, secure and healthy environment by adhering to Company/Customer safety standards and practices and to legal regulations, alerting others regarding potential hazards or concern
- Performs all duties as assigned and adheres to TEAM’s Core Values.
- Executes all duties in strict accordance with TEAM current and documented procedures.
- Identifies circumstances that necessitate the use of proper safety procedures and equipment.
- Performs isolation and hydrostatic weld testing services on client work sites performing any of any of the following duties:
o Walk down of lines
o Pipe preparation
o Isolation plug maintenance
o Grip tight isolation plug maintenance
o Double block & bleed isolation
o Double block & bleed isolation with bake out
o Double block & bleed isolation with nitrogen purge
o Double block & bleed isolation with grip tight
o Double block & bleed isolation weld tests
o High lift weld tests
o Plain end / partial system tests
o Reverse Tests
o Nozzle Tests
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Technical school or relevant training preferred.
- Three (3) years of industry relate experience preferred.
- Recent military service with mechanical, instrument, or electrical training
- Interstate Travel Requirements: 0% – 25%
- Position is based out of a branch or site location.
- Field duties require indoor and outdoor work in a plant atmosphere
- Interaction with other crew employees, as well as supervisors and client personnel
- Working in plant and/or shop areas around production machinery with extreme noise levels
- Must be able to wear safety equipment as required by the safety department for personal protection
- May be at more than one job site in a day and must be able to tolerate climate changes
- May be required to travel out of town on a periodic basis
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Ability to lift and carry 75 pounds
- Must be able to walk and climb except when performing non-field duties
- Sufficient clarity of… For full info follow application link.
Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be a basic principle at Team. Employment at our Company is based upon merit, ability and qualifications. No qualified applicant or employee is to be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or other status protected by federal, state, local or other law.