Cybersecurity Systems Engineering Manager / Leader
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35802
Cybersecurity Systems Engineering Manager / Leader (1913063)
What you will do
Supervises a team of Cybersecurity Systems Engineers to perform system security engineering and integration of UMCS systems, servers and workstations. This includes network level design, development of System Artifacts and Security Policies and Procedures for Major Direct Digital Control (DDC) Projects and large Metering Projects. Ensures work performed is in compliance with state, local and federal legal requirements and operates on the job with the highest of ethics. Employs practices and develops processes to ensure cost effective engineering while providing consistent delivery and customer satisfaction. Serves as the Subject Matter Expert in System Software Installation, 3rd party software integration including DISA Hardening and Reporting, as well as Risk Management Framework, eMASS and JCFS applications and processes. Works effectively with JCFS Regions and JCI Branch teams.
Location: Huntsville, AL Office
Benefits: Eligible for benefits on first day of employment
Travel: Up to 30%
How you will do it
1. Manages and schedules the workload of the Cybersecurity and System Engineering Team. Prioritizes work, supervises and coordinates projects to insure progress and timely completion of the engineering deliverables. Provides timeframe estimates to project management for job cost evaluation.
2. Develops, implements, monitors, and communicates the team processes, strategies, and standards. Provides engineering cost estimates during project development phases.
3. Seeks out new and creative applications and operational techniques. Implements improvements in the processes, facilities, tools, and equipment to improve quality, reliability, productivity, and to provide leading edge technology.
4. Provides advanced technical support on application or implementation issues. Serves as the Regional expert in Cybersecurity, System Hardening and Integration engineering.
5. Leads team of Cybersecurity Engineers to apply the appropriate defense-in-depth security engineering and controls that will meet specifications, and minimize total cost of implementation to ensure that the project cost comes in below estimate.
6. Utilize financial, contract management (FRS) and other management reports to evaluate team success.
7. Develops and maintains viable relationships with customers and Cybersecurity partners. Leverages these relationships as needed during project development and execution.
8. Maintain high level of Cybersecurity standards. Ensures maximum reuse of proven documentation and programs.
9. Performs complex Cybersecurity engineering and risk management as required on assigned projects.
10. Hires, retains, mentors, performance manages, and plans for career development of direct reports. Prepares and delivers clear performance expectations, performance reviews, and development plans for direct reports.
11. Works with Regional and Branch teams to ensure timely delivery of Cybersecurity deliverables and 3rd party systems and integration in order to maximize successful execution of projects.
12. Responsible for reviewing, creating and coordinating updates to the Risk Management Framework packages for various programs/systems. Advises the program on all Cybersecurity and security related issues, and represent the program to the… For full info follow application link.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.