Personal Home Attendant
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Hartselle, AL 35640
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Provides companionship by reading, conversation, and listening.
• Participates in appropriate recreational activities and hobbies for social and sensory stimulation.
• Assists patient/clients in completing necessary phone calls, letter writing, etc.
• Maintains a safe home environment for the client.
• Accompanies patient/client on walks, community trips, doctor’s o?ce, bank, etc.
• Reminds client to take self administered medications.
• Informs business o?ce manager of any changes in assignment.
• Provides emotional support and promotes a sense of well-being.
• May plan light housekeeping tasks such as preparation of a meal or laundering clothes.
• May perform light housework to maintain clean, neat environment.
• Assists in the maintenance of a safe and healthy environment. Uses equipment and supplies safely and properly.
• Understands and adheres to established As Close As Family policies and procedures.
• Performs personal care as assigned.
• Completes appropriate visit records in a timely manner as per ACAF policy.
• Reports changes in the clients condition and needs to the appropriate supervisor.
• Performs simple procedures as trained.
• Attends in-service and continuing education programs as scheduled and necessary.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES Communication skills, light housekeeping, cleaning, and shopping. Good physical and mental health. Caring attitude, tact, patience, and good personal hygiene.
LIFTING REQUIREMENTS Ability to perform the following tasks if necessary:
• Ability to participate in physical activity.
• Ability to work for extended period of time while standing and being involved in physical activity.
• Heavy lifting.
• Ability to do extensive bending, lifting and standing on a regular basis.