Engineering Technician - Oil Seals
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Athens, AL 35613
Title: Engineering Technician – Oil Seals
Function: Manufacturing Production / Distribution
Division: PT – Sealing and Gaskets
Location: Athens, AL, United States
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position will be assigned to Oil Seals value stream. Hourly rate is $22.23 – $28.85 an hour.
- Must enroll in an accredited related engineering program and maintain a minimum 2.75 GPA.
- Must be willing to work around school schedule to consistently work 25-35 hours per week.
- Hands on training will require a toolbox with all basic hand tools to perform job safely and in a timely manner.
- Develops and acquires technical skills to link with educational background.
- Projects include, but are not limited to:Troubleshooting equipment and developing process improvements.
Analyzing and planning work force utilization, space requirements and workflow, designing layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
Writing standard operating instructions and training operators on process.
Working with manufacturing engineers to gather data related to preparing capital justifications and purchase requisitions.
Researching and pursuing opportunities for cost reduction and profit improvement for the plant through the use of Lean Manufacturing principles.
Ergonomic assessment and development of engineering controls.
- End of semester presentation will be presented to all managers highlighting semester projects.
- Each employee has the authority to initiate action to prevent a violation of the Federal-Mogul Integrity Policy.
- All employees will abide by the plant’s safety policy, comply with the legal and other requirements and operational controls established, work toward achieving established objectives and targets, and conform to procedures consistent with the ISO 14001 standard. An employee should report, and if necessary stop, any activity that does not conform to the policy or may
- Capable of providing support as requested by supervisor.
- Other Duties as assigned
Must be a current Tenneco employee. This position is a promote from within opportunity.
Must be mechanically inclined. Must enroll in an accredited related engineering program and maintain a minimum 2.75 GPA.
Must have at least 2-3 years of experience working in respective value stream (Oil Seals). Must be willing to sign a 3 year commitment to Federal-Mogul. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled