SR Electrical Engineer - Huntsville
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35801
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
We seek a Senior Electrical Engineer based in our Huntsville, AL location. As a Senior Electrical Engineer, you will have the opportunity to apply your design expertise on exciting and challenging projects. You will have the opportunity to mentor junior engineers and designers for one of the nation’s top A/E design firms , gaining additional expertise and building your career.
Our team of professionals is focused on vertical building infrastructure including regional, national, and international government facilities for USACE, USAF, NAVFAC, USAID and other federal agencies. We provide innovative building systems engineering, architectural design, interior design, site design and 3-D Imaging services to clients regionally and globally. Designers engage both proven and innovative building methods and technologies that provide real-world solutions resulting in more efficient and sustainable projects.
- Develop and evaluate electrical system concepts and options to determine best design and engineering solutions for each project
- Design of building electrical systems including power distribution, lighting, emergency power, fire alarm, security, television, telephone and computer network systems
- Perform design calculations and develop/prepare technical specifications and drawings
- Perform site visits to evaluate existing systems or to inspect electrical systems work during construction
- Participate in client charrettes to effectively gather design data from various stakeholders
- Communicate effectively with project teams, senior staff members, project managers, clients and other parties
- Act as lead electrical engineer on projects, mentoring junior staff in developing contract documents, technical specifications, design analyses, cost estimates and other relevant documents
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering or relevant field
- Minimum 8 years of related work experience specifically with electrical systems for buildings
- Experience working in Architectural/Engineering consulting firm desired
- Experience working on Federal projects is a plus
- Licensed PE (Professional Engineer)
- Knowledgeable of AutoCAD and Revit/BIM
- Working knowledge of MS Office
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits .
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com . To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers .
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability – No calls or agencies
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO