Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35801
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
This position is responsible for the successful design and planning of facilities projects, including mechanical, electrical, civil, industrial, and architectural applications; and for the associated administrative and budgetary control responsibilities; and for the planning, organizing, coordination of resources, implementing, directing, and control of these projects.
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented, safety conscience environment. Safety expectations include, but are not limited to, compliance with all company and customer safety policies, guidelines, and procedures. Participation in safety programs such as LOTO, RCA, PJHA and the Observation process is required.
- Typically develops personal work assignments from supervisor, customer and Company generated data, and customer and Company interactions. Utilizes this input to prioritize personal work assignments to achieve defined performance criteria.
- Must be able to effectively work alone or in groups with others at all levels of the customer, vendor, and Company organizations.
- This position does not directly supervise personnel, but indirectly manages the work of various vendor personnel, both salary and hourly.
- Utilizes engineering skill sets to develop, update, and maintain assigned project responsibilities.
- Maintains records of installations and repairs to building and facilities equipment.
- Utilizes CMMS and other programs to effectively perform these tasks.
- Communicates facilities and equipment issues to customer and to C&W Services personnel, and assists in problem resolution.
- Create, develop, read, interpret, and perform field markup of engineering drawings and technical sketches. Develop and make technical sketches.
- Works with customer and company personnel to plan and develop short, medium, and long range capital and expense expenditure and budget strategies. Maintains associated records.
- Maintains records for inventory of facilities supplies and materials; prepares materials requisitions for customer approval and/or orders directly utilizing Company procurement options.
- Ensures that planning and implementation for all assigned projects conforms to customer and C&W Services HSSE policies and procedures.
- Assists staff in facilities and equipment troubleshooting and problem solving as requested.
- Works with vendors as necessary to supplement and support Company efforts in achieving defined performance criteria; includes subcontracting and subcontract management of assigned customer subcontracts.
- Prepares and presents, to all management levels, reports associated with job responsibilities.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat and extreme cold, and to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
C&W Services is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Employer’s Job# R82372-Huntsville
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.