Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Orange Beach, AL 36542
Advantage Resourcing is ACTIVELY seeking a Skilled Commercial/Residential Painter to join our team to work in the gorgeous Orange Beach/Gulf Shores areas.
Prepares surfaces for painting and finishing; applies undercoats and finish coats using the full range of application methods and materials; mixes and matches paints and finishes; advises in the selection and storage of painting materials. Minimum Skills and Abilities Required:
- The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in spoken English
- Performs physical activities such as, but not limited to, climbing, balancing, walking, stooping, pushing, pulling, and lifting of 50 lbs unassisted
- Able to stand for 10 hour periods
- Able to wear a respirator ( Have the ability to pass respiratory test)
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Serves as a representative of the client, displaying courtesy and professionalism in all interactions with other employees of the client, owners, guests, and other members of the community
- Prepares, primes, sands, seals, patches and paints surfaces, buildings, and fixtures utilizing all types of painting materials such as varnish, lacquer, shellac, enamel, epoxy, water-proofing and heat resistant finishes
- Tapes, flushes, repairs and applies texturing on a variety of surfaces. Adjust colors when necessary; utilizes enhanced finishing skills when appropriate
- Applies materials to new construction, existing, multi-story buildings, alterations, and remodeling
- Understands functions necessary to treat and repair rust and corrosion in a coastal environment
- Operates, cleans and maintains all painting equipment, including brush, roll, sprayers and electrostatic sprayers, pumps, etc. Safely stores and labels all materials
- Estimates time and materials required; keeps computerized records and submits reports of work performed
- Uses ladders and rigging when necessary to complete projects
- Offers assistance and advise on materials, designs, and color
- Assists in the writing of specifications for repairs and new construction
- Researches, purchases and inventories equipment parts, chemicals and supplies
- Responds to routine and emergency calls for repairs and service
- Assists and serves as back up to other Facilities employees
- Reports and addresses all safety issues
- Required uniform apparel must be worn. Clothes must fit properly, be washed and pressed, and not have holes
- Ability to work flexible hours, seven days per week
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time
This is a great opportunity for a reputable company! This is a full time permanent position!
Advantage Resourcing Americas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard for race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected categories. Advantage Resourcing is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.