Valve Technician Apprentice - Decatur, AL (LOCAL A
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Trinity, AL 35673
Valve Technician Apprentice – Decatur, AL (LOCAL APPLICANTS ONLY)General Summary
The Technician Apprentice is responsible for supporting various areas of activity engaged in by field personnel onsite at client locations.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a safe, secure and healthy environment by adhering to Company/Customer safety standards and practices and to legal regulations, alerting others regarding potential hazards or concern
- Performs all duties as assigned and adheres to TEAM’s Core Values.
- Assists Technicians, Sr Technicians, and Operations in various Team service responsibilities onsite at client locations
- Assists in providing service and customer support during site assignments
- Supports all on site installation, repair, maintenance and evaluation tasks
- Assists in diagnosing errors or problems and observes field personnel in determining appropriate solutions
- Assists in documentation of all field service activities
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- One (1) or more year’s previous experience in an industrial or plant environment preferred.
- May be required to travel out of town on a periodic basis
- Position is based out of a branch or site location
- Field duties require indoor and outdoor work in a plant atmosphere
- Interaction with other crew employees, as well as supervisors and client personnel
- Working in plant and/or shop areas around production machinery with extreme noise levels
- Must be able to wear safety equipment as required by the safety department for personal protection
- May be at more than one job site in a day and must be able to tolerate climate changes
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Ability to lift and carry 75 pounds
- Must be able to walk and climb except when performing non-field duties
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits employee to communicate effectively
- Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodation, which permit the employee to perform routine office duties
- Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodations to perform office duties and travel when necessary to off-site locations
- Sufficient personal mobility to maneuver within a refinery or plant environment to include the ability to gain access to elevated platforms via ladders and stairwells
Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be a basic principle at Team. Employment at our Company is based upon merit, ability and qualifications. No qualified applicant or employee is to be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or other status protected by federal, state, local or other law.