Site Procurement Representative
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Anniston, AL 36201
Site Procurement Representative
Job Requisition ID: 27317
Eastman is a global specialty materials company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With the purpose of enhancing the quality of life in a material way, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. The company’s innovation-driven growth model takes advantage of world-class technology platforms, deep customer engagement, and differentiated application development to grow its leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables. As a globally inclusive and diverse company, Eastman employs approximately 14,500 people around the world and serves customers in more than 100 countries. The company had 2018 revenues of approximately $10 billion and is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA.
Site Procurement Representative is responsible for coordinating purchasing activities at the Anniston site. Implements the mission, strategy and objectives of Eastman in the purchasing department.
- Processes Purchase orders on a timely basis
- Communicates purchase order changes to affected parties
- Manages inquiries and develops solutions to supply issues and problems
- Negotiates prices for goods and services with the goal of lowering costs or meeting project schedule
- Creates RFQs for bid development, Facilitates Pre-Bid meetings, and Distributes any clarifications; Performs bid analysis and summary as appropriate
- Negotiates pricing for services, maintenance, and construction
- Proposes new ideas for lowering the company’s costs as a member of the productivity team
- Leads execution of contracts for engineering, construction, and procurement services
- Executes supplier selection process
- Manages supplier interface and relationships in conjunction with corporate sourcing
- Works in partnership with Procurement managers to manage supply strategy
- Provides timely oral and written reports as requested
- Assesses and completes monthly and quarterly SOX auditing requirements
- Investigates and applies judgment to effectively resolve problems from Accounting, Receiving, Logistics, Product Safety, Legal, Manufacturing, Suppliers, Quality Assurance, Business Organizations, Planning, or other internal stakeholders
- Represents the Procurement organization in site project teams and goals
- Develops cross-organizational relationships to enable collaboration opportunities
- Manages and builds relationships with internal partners
- Brings creative tension in terms of driving opportunities for the site to save money by using external resources
- Gathers and communicates local market, supplier, and competitor intelligence
Knowledge and Skill Requirements (To include education and experience)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in purchasing preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required. Technical or business concentration preferred
- Warehouse experience preferred
- SAP Experience Preferred
- Experience in a manufacturing company preferred
- Negotiation experience preferred
- Contract experience preferred
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Strong written, listening and verbal communication
- Be a team player in a team… For full info follow application link.
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.