Retail Store Tailor-Alterations
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Tuscaloosa, AL 35404
RETAIL STORE TAILOR—ALTERATIONS
FINE TAILORED CAREERS
Every day is a day to make somebody smile at Men’s Wearhouse, a division of Tailored Brands. We help people love how they look by providing a convenient, one-of-a-kind shopping experience tailored personally to each customer’s lifestyle. If you want to make a difference, be part of a great team and grow, this position might be a perfect fit.
RETAIL STORE TAILOR-ALTERATIONS
Provide positive input and valuable assistance throughout the entire customer experience to ensure that each guest is satisfied and receives a final product that is customized to look attractive, fit well, and feel just right.
HOW YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
You’ll have the opportunity to assist in the selling process by greeting, interacting with, and responding to customers regarding any special requests they may have. In addition, you’ll use your extensive knowledge of alterations and passion for providing excellent service to expertly mark, alter, and press the garments our customers select.
• Ensure the proper fit of garments
• Answer customer questions
• Mark garments for tailoring
• Press garments
• Maintain an open dialogue with management
• Help other team members
• Help to keep the tailor shop clean and organized
• Make sure that customers are properly sized
• Offer new wardrobe ensemble suggestions
WHAT IT TAKES
The highly motivated, customer-friendly retail store tailor-alterations we seek should have these qualifications:
• Formal training for tailoring preferred
• Experience as a tailor for menswear highly preferred
• Good technical skill
• Sound knowledge of various types of sewing equipment
• Strong communication skills
• Team attitude and enthusiasm
• Proficiency in all basic and advanced alterations of men’s tailored clothing
WHY WORK WITH US
We use our personalities to uncover our customers’ personalities.
At the core of Tailored Brands is a fun, family-like atmosphere that makes this an extraordinary place to work. Our engaging workplace is based on teamwork, growth, and respect, with a culture built on these guiding principles: Live the Golden Rule, practice teamwork, have respect for each other, be trustworthy, and keep an open mind and heart.