Scientific Data Technician III
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Fort Rucker, AL 36362
Scientific Data Technician III
FORT RUCKER, AL 36362 US (Primary)
0 – 25%
Provide technical data entry and quality assessment services that require focus, accuracy, and critical and independent judgment related to scientific and engineering data entry, organization, and defining research data relationships according to approved protocols, policies, and/or plans to ensure quality, accuracy, and reproducibility of data/results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical data entry and quality assessment services related to the Injury Biomechanics research data to fulfill research project and program requirements and meet timelines. The primary sets of data will include historical data in hardcopy and newly generated data in modern electronic formats.
- Perform duties and responsibilities independently based on broad guidelines, objectives, and SOPs provided by the Government and/or created by individual initiative to organize, digitize, scan, and check the quality of scientific, medical, and engineering data.
- Provide communication and documentation of data entry, digitization, and metadata needs through timely and productive interaction with digitization, data basing, and biomedical team members of a combined Government, academia, military, and contractor team.
- Provide data entry and quality assessment services for a biomechanical data repository that require focus, accuracy, and critical and independent judgment related to scientific and engineering data entry, organization, and defining research data relationships. These include digitizing data, categorizing data, assigning metadata, assessing the digital quality of data entered or digitized by others, and assessing the assignment of metadata by others.
- Use proper terminology and controlled vocabulary for engineering and medical data.
- Compile, copy, track, file, and complete Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests.
- Perform other data-related and research equipment/facilities support functions, including physical packing, moving, shipping, inventory, relocation, and re-organization, as needed.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Frequent sitting, standing, walking, lying down or to be or remain in a position or state of inactivity. Lift and carry 25 lbs. individually and as a part of a team lift and carry operation; use hand tools to assemble and disassemble equipment, instrumentation, and test devices; climb and descend equipment, test devices, military vehicles, steps, or ladders. It is Katmai’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
Work is performed primarily in an office and /or laboratory setting. Laboratory environment includes human testing, so exposure may include but are not limited to: Blood-borne pathogens, bio-hazardous waste, chemicals, fumes, vapors, communicable diseases, etc. Employee will be exposed to a wide variety of people in differing functions, personalities and abilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering related field such as electrical, biomedical, mechanical, biomechanics, physics, etc.
- Must have a minimum 6 years of experience in… For full info follow application link.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Preference will be given to Ouzinkie Shareholders in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2003 – 2(i).