Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Fairhope, AL 36532
- Front Office/Receptionist
The Receptionist is a non-licensed worker who has completed an on-the-job training program. The primary function of the Receptionist is to perform office-related duties.
Performing general clerical duties as well as daily patient charges and assisting with maintaining the efficient operation of the facility.
Must be able to accept responsibility and respect authority. Must demonstrate good judgement and common sense. Willingness to work under pressure. Must be able to accept constructive criticism. Must be able to hold in confidence medical records of all patients. Must be able to work with individuals of all ages.
EDUCATION: Must have completed the twelfth grade level of school.
EXPERIENCE: Background of secretary/receptionist work.
1. Coordinates and schedules patients’ appointments.
2. Maintains all aspects of patient medical records, including scheduling 30-day re-evaluations and re-certifications for Medicare.
1. Records daily patient charges and assists with deposit.
2. Tracking and collection of patient’s deductibles and copayments.
5. Performs general receptionist/secretarial duties such as answering phone, phone messages, filing, etc.
1. Processes all dictation, copies and forwards to referring doctor to include Medicare recerts.
2. Any other duties as assigned by the Office Manager/ Clinical Director.
1. ANSWERING PHONE: Answer phone before third ring using a pleasant voice state
“Good Morning/Afternoon, company name and who is speaking”. If the person calling is trying to reach someone who is not available, always offer to take a message.
2. NEW PATIENT: When new patients call to schedule appointments they should be given an appointment within 24-48 hours, if possible. Obtain patient’s name, phone number, diagnosis,referring doctor, frequency and duration as stated on prescription and
insurance information. Use new patient referral sheets to log this information. Call insurance company for verification of insurance, percentage of coverage for rehab services, deductible information and if this has been met and precert rehab services if required. If patient is workman’s comp, then prior authorization for frequency and duration must be done prior to patient’s first appointment. Fill out workman’s comp authorization form, be sure and obtain a(employer’s name, file or claim number, address) mail claims and length of authorization. Pre-cert workman’s comp if indicated by adjuster and log precert information on bottom of workman’s comp authorization form so future authorization will be easily noted to precert.
3. CHECKING IN PATIENTS: Greet patients upon arrival and provide them with a sign in sheet. Always use patient’s name when addressing them, if possible. Provide new patients with patient information sheet and either financial or workman’s comp information sheet. Obtain rehab prescription and copy of insurance cards. Make patient’s chart according to instructions in PATIENT CHARTS. Make up charge ticket for therapist inputting patient’s name, date and therapist initials. Notify appropriate office personnel that patient is ready to be brought back for treatment.
4. CHECKING OUT PATIENTS: have designated office personnel discuss patient’s account, insurance coverage and inform them of their ESTIMATED portion of their bill. Set up payment schedule and have patient sign appropriate promissory note if applicable. Collect patient’s co-payment daily. Schedule patient for next appointment.
5. SCHEDULING PATIENTS: Schedule patients on a weekly/daily basis for their appointment times, trying to accommodate work schedules when necessary. Inform patient if they require specific appointment times to schedule their appointments early for the coming week. When scheduling patient for the next weeks appointments, ask if they have a return appointment with their physician and write ’Letter to Doctor" above their name on appointment book prior to M.D. visit
Location: Fairhope, AL
Department: Office Staff
Status: Full Time