LiftOne - Rental Coordinator
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Birmingham, AL 35217
Position at LiftOne
Under the direction of the Rental Manager the rental coordinator is responsible for all rental contract management, assisting with sales and procurement of equipment, customer relations, logistics assistance and administrative functions of the rental department. This includes the set-up, monitoring, coordination of deliver, pickup and billing of short term rental contracts as well as the maintenance of short term rental equipment availability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Respond to customer and internal rental equipment related inquiries, questions and requests with a sense of urgency. Logging incoming rental calls and inquiries.
- Create rental contracts in SAP and follow up with customers throughout rental process to ensure up to date information.
- Travel to customer sites to build and maintain relationships and upsell additional rentals and obtain new business for the rental department as needed.
- Asset management via ensuring service updates on current fleet, inspection completion, logging inventory, updating Management on utility rates and necessary additions needed to meet customer demands.
- Work with rental team to negotiate prices on equipment and rental contracts. Assist with sourcing new equipment for purchase to add to rental fleet.
- Communicate and coordinate logistics of rental equipment delivery and pickup to the appropriate site transportation coordinators.
- Ensure that complete and accurate equipment delivery and pickup documentation is received from the transportation service provider, processed in the system and is filed appropriately.
- Review and Process the initial, periodic and final billing on rental contracts.
- Maintain rental paperwork such as rental equipment master file records and ensure that rental contract files are up to date, organized, complete and accurately maintained to satisfactory audit standards.
- Travel up to 10% required for this position.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Solid technology skills with experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- SAP experience preferred
- Previous sales experience in operations, service or rental industry required
- Go-getter, can-do attitude with the ability to be a team player and have a laser customer focus
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Closer mentality with a hunter ability to seek out deals on equipment and close additional business for rental department
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Must operate well with a sense of urgency in a constantly changing and evolving industry
Birmingham, AL or Nashville, TN
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.