Goods Receiving Inventory Specialist (GRIS)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Vance, AL 35490
The Goods Receiving/Inventory Specialist is responsible for the safe, timely and accurate booking of incoming shipments and the clearing area. GRIS must follow proper procedures for receiving all products entering the warehouse including verifying actual product against packing slip confirming the quality and accuracy. GRIS should safely operate machinery including baler, trash compactor, truck (for occasional pick-up), and forklift.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Operates forklift trucks or hand trucks to convey, move or hoist materials to proper departments or areas and unload incoming materials.
• Unpacks, examines and routes incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
• Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
• Conduct inventory counts on a frequent basis to ensure correct inventory levels.
• Performs all computer functions necessary to track various aspects of goods.
• Supports the shipment of goods produced and the received goods and supplies to be used in or to aid in the production/storage of goods destined for sale to our customer base.
• Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
• Keeps clearing area clean by documenting articles in this area, investigating and moving articles to proper location.
• Tracks open advices in Motis serving as key user between Material Management and Control Tower, providing lists of open items and inbound status reports.
• Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
• Documentation and further administrative tasks such as filing and email correspondences.
• Possess a level of computer skills, GRIS will spend an abundance of time working in the local warehouse management system (Motis).
Requires a high school diploma or minimum of six months experience in warehouse operations. Team player with ability to work under pressure and multi-task. Valid driver’s license. Forklift certification desired. Paying close attention to detail.
Shift work, weekend work (when required), temperature variations in summer and winter.
Bending, stooping, standing and lifting.
Shift Leader and Logistic Operations Manager