Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Vance, AL 35490
To provide supervision to the shop floor. Position will consist of supervising and ensuring the general warehousing duties of receiving orders of unpacking, checking, labeling and storing of material in correct Logistics Center inventory locations. Preparing customer orders for shipment of picking and pulling inventory, pack and prepare customer orders for shipment.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Supervises the performance, attendance and accuracy of floor staff.
• Monitors production plans and delivery schedules.
• Ensures floor staff follows the work instructions.
• Releases and books orders, restocks, inventory counts, and others.
• Secures sufficient stock and a smooth production process.
• Monitors restocks levels for all suppliers.
• Responsible for implementing random quality checks.
• Oversees the checking of incoming goods.
• Packs and prepares material for shipping of customer orders.
• Continuous improvement as a team player.
• Prepares and runs the shop floor meetings.
• Documents performance in EOS reports.
• Documentation and further administrative tasks.
• Possess a level of computer skills, SL will spend an abundance of time working in Motis 1st level support.
• Forklift experience preferred.
Requires a high school diploma or minimum of twelve months experience in warehouse operations. Strong leadership skills. Self-motivated, well-structured and organized team player with ability to work under pressure and multi-task. Valid driver’s license. Forklift certification desired.
Shift work, weekend work (when required), temperature variations in summer and winter.
Bending, stooping, standing and lifting.