Mechanical Engineer - PPS2019-08
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Muscle Shoals, AL 35661
Mechanical Engineer – PPS2019-08
Muscle Shoals AL
At PREMIER, we are building a company that provides innovative solutions to the most challenging problems facing our customers. As such, we are seeking the best and brightest minds to help us with this endeavor. We are striving to create an environment that fosters entrepreneurial thinking and professional development. If you are a career oriented professional who is dedicated to excellence, we invite you to learn about opportunities to join our growing, dynamic company.
At PREMIER, we understand that the most important piece of our business is our people. Our employees represent PREMIER at customer sites and play a critically important role in solving problems and delivering results. Headquartered in Huntsville, AL, PREMIER supports customers across many locations and functional areas including Logistics, Engineering, Information Technology, and Alternative Energy.
Purpose of Position:
Support design activities for new product development and product support engineering
Duties and Responsibilities (Essential):
• Perform a wide variety of mechanical engineering to include design support, modeling, and drafting
• Develop designs from engineering and functions specifications
• Prepare vehicle component layouts using CAD software, i.e., Creo
• Develop test requirements for designs and analyze the results
• Design and model new systems that interface with a vehicle
• Select parts or components for quality conscious design, i.e. weight, cost, reliability, and ease of manufacturing
• Provide technical assistance for prototype, pilot, or production build
• Consult with internal departments to find solutions to problems
• Create and manage ECN’s (Engineering Change Notices) using the PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) system
• Update bill of materials in the PDM (Product Data Management) system to reflect product changes
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Experience – Minimum of three years
• Experience with CAD software
• Mechanical experience with vehicles and related systems, highly desired
• Background Investigation
• Drug Test
• The position will involve working in an office environment, a laboratory environment, a warehouse environment, and a production environment.
• The hours will be a standard 40 hours per week but additional time beyond the standard work week will be expected as the need arises to meet deadlines or service customers.
• Lift and/or carry valves and sensors for short distances.
• Perform new product evaluation which could involve lifting and mounting the specific products as well as periodic lifting and moving containers.
• Must be able to lift and carry as much as 50 pounds.
Submit resume. Please reference position title and Position Number.
PREMIER is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
PREMIER provides reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in accordance with the regulations for known disabilities. If you need assistance in the application process, please contact Human Resources at 256.721.9001 × 155.