Payroll Administrator I/II
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Troy, AL 36081
- Position Information
- Job Summary
The Payroll Administrator I/II position is responsible for performing payroll and benefits related functions, including benefits administration, payroll processing, payroll tax compliance, payroll auditing, and associated reporting in a high-volume environment.
- Determines benefits eligibility, enrolls eligible employees in benefits and codes deductions and taxes for all employees.
- Processes payrolls which includes calculation of net pay and calculates overpayments, ensuring payrolls are issued properly and on time.
- Ensures the balancing of accounts, reports and disbursements of deductions to vendors.
- Communicates with employees to inform and advise about confidential matters, policies, procedures and regulations in regards to both payroll and benefit issues.
- Ensures billing for missed premiums and handling cash/check/payments.
- Enters, balances and maintains related files and records.
- Supervises, edits, updates and inputs the appropriate accounting and journal entries.
- Maintains, revises and audits plan and tax documents ensuring they are maintained within IRS rules and regulations.
- May provide payroll and benefit related training to university employees.
- Performs audits of payroll and human resource information as needed.
- Minimum Qualifications
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. Minimum of three years of experience in payroll services
- Preferred Qualifications
1. Bachelor’s degree in a related field
2. Four to six years of experience in payroll services
- Reference Letters
- Applicant Special Instructions
Qualified applications will be made available to the department/committee for review immediately upon submission. We ask that you provide email addresses for your reference providers and please be certain that the email addresses you list are accurate. If you are selected as a candidate for consideration by the department/committee, an instructional email will be sent to your reference providers to ask that they submit a reference letter on your behalf via a link to our reference portal. Separate reference letters will be requested for each position to which you apply (if applicable), so your reference providers will be contacted separately for each application on which you list them. Reference letters will not be copied from one application to another. You can assure your reference providers that our system is secure and that all letters are confidential. If your reference providers have trouble using the reference portal, please advise them to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posting Number: SF1300P
Position Title: Payroll Administrator I/II
Position Type: Professional/Salaried
Department: Payroll Services – Troy
Division: Financial Affairs and Online Education
Work Status: Full-Time (FT)
Location: Troy – T01
Will this position require driving (personal vehicle, university vehicle, utility vehicle, or golf cart) in order to perform the job duties?: Driving may be necessary but is not a primary responsibility
Work Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday
List any hazardous conditions or physical demands required by this position: N/A
Does this position have supervisory responsibility?: No
Posting Date: 11/12/2019
Open Until Filled: Yes
Quick Link: http://www.troyuniversityjobs.com/postings/26829
Solicit References Through the System?: Yes