Mid-Level Network Administrator #024
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35816
Mid-Level Network Administrator – .# 20191115-024Position is located at Huntsville, AL – no relocation allowance available
Security Clearance: Must have an active Secret Clearance.
Job Description & Required Skills:
The selected candidate will be responsible for working with a team of network administrators performing duties such as cable deployment, switch and router configuration, network monitoring implementation, and troubleshooting of network assets and tactical systems communications under test. The network administrator will also be responsible for maintaining configuration documentation central to the lab’s engineering configuration and Risk Management Framework (RMF) package. They will participate in the full life-cycle of system operations. The selected candidate will participate in a structured environment requiring regular and consistent documentation of activities and procedures with engineering standards applied to all activities such as configuration management, cable plant organization and asset tracking.
• Deployment of network switches, thorough understanding of TCP-IP addressing, required
• Experience with VLAN, SPAN, and static routing configuration
• Use of Cisco IOS command line environment to implement Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
• Candidate must demonstrate technical proficiency in network standards, principles, and documentation
• Candidate must be a self-starter, be detail-oriented, have strong written and verbal communication skills and work well with others.
• Candidate should possess minimum 3 years of experience in Information Technology, such as server and workstation networking and network configuration.
• Candidate must demonstrate strong teamwork skills suitable to the work environment
• Working knowledge of multicast networking
• Experience maintaining Linux Servers
• Solarwinds and SPLUNK integration
• Network+ certification required
• Security+, or CISP, or CISSP certification required
• BS degree or equivalent work experience
Penta Research Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.
We offer a very competitive benefit package that includes: Health, Dental, Vision, 401k match, Personal Leave, Holiday Pay, and Employee Recognition. Come join our team of “People with Solutions”.
Please visit our website at www.pentaresearch.com for more information. Resumes can be emailed to email@example.com. Please include job opening reference number.