Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Mobile, AL 36602
Uniti Fiber Holdings Inc. (“Uniti”) is searching for a Revenue Accountant who will be responsible for processing and review of sales contracts for proper revenue recognition as well as revenue reporting. The position collaborates with the sales organization and revenue operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review revenue contracts to ensure revenue is recognized in accordance with US GAAP and internal policies.
- Works collaboratively with sales, legal, sales operations, and revenue operations to drive best practices in revenue.
- Actively participates in monthly and quarterly close activities including preparing journal entries and performing reconciliations as needed.
- Supports the Manager, Revenue Accounting and Director of Revenue with special projects and impact workflow process improvements, including ASC 606 revenue standard implementation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Associates seeking to join Uniti are motivated individuals with exceptional organizational skills, an ability to multitask, attention to detail, and effective communication skills – both written and verbal. The position requires an individual with strong interpersonal skills and ample self-initiative who thrives in a fast paced, collaborative environment. Uniti is open to candidates with diverse backgrounds and the ideal candidate will have:
Experience and/or Education:
- BA/BS in Business with emphasis in Accounting or the equivalent related experience.
- Must have 2 years or more of prior revenue experience preferably with a complex, recurring revenue stream.
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP with ability to recognize and accurately record revenue in accordance with US GAAP.
- CPA or CPA track a plus.
Uniti provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.