Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Foley, AL 36535
1. Knowledgeable about the daily maintenance and safe operations of all equipment commonly used in tree care.
2. Must be able to obtain and maintain first-aid certification and CPR.
3. Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of all knots, ropes, and rigging devices used in tree trimming and removal operations.
4. Must know and understand all approved operating procedures that apply to the climber/bucket operator job description.
5. Must be familiar with electrical hazards, appropriate operating procedures when in proximity to electrical conductors and aerial techniques in the event of an emergency aloft.
6. Must be able to work and maneuver at considerable heights under varying and sometimes adverse weather conditions.
7. Must possess physical strength and agility, good balance, good depth perception, and the ability to hear verbal instructions from a distance.
8. Must be able to (or be trained to) climb and descend tress using rope and all applicable first aid techniques; must be able to quickly remove him/herself from a potential danger area.
1. Report to assembly point punctually each day prepared to work a full day.
2. Assist in preparing truck and materials needed for day’s work at crew leader’s discretion.
3. Shall perform professional tree maintenance activities as directed by crew leader.
4. Shall help to maintain and keep track of all tools and/or equipment used in daily operations.
5. Shall constantly observe and practice climbing and tree maintenance skills in a continued effort to improve their own professional skills.
6. Shall use all equipment and perform all jobs safely, making accident prevention a part of daily conduct.
7. Shall be ready and willing to assist other crew members in all aspects of daily activities and shall be capable of taking a leadership role when required.