26 NOS - Project Coordinator
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Montgomery, AL 36113
26 NOS – Project Coordinator
.# of Openings
High School Diploma/GED
SMS is a fast growing, veteran-owned business that’s has supported Federal Government’s IT initiatives for over four decades. We work side-by-side with our Federal clients as a trusted, long-term partner to offer innovative advice and leadership to solve their most pressing and complex problems. We orchestrate people, strategies, technologies and best-of-breed business processes. The SMS advantage in management and technology consulting includes deep domain expertise in complex networking design and unifying communities of interest.
We have strong capabilities in design & build, planning, governance, quality management, security, analytics, virtualization, operations and business process improvement. For 40 years, SMS has brought customer satisfaction to Federal clients and formed lasting alliances with leading technology companies and talented small businesses to deliver joint, leading-edge, cost-effective services and products.
Submit your resume today!
- Schedule meetings with the project team, stakeholders and other participants; prepare and deliver agendas before customer meetings; take meeting notes including discussion points, key decisions, action items, risks and issues as identified in meetings
- Facilitate and/or lead customer meetings as needed
- Assist Govt PM managing/tracking financial budget
- Maintain the Action Items list and work with project team members to track the progress of the action items on a weekly basis
- Provide status reporting on project activities, risks/issues, and schedule using various tools such as SharePoint, PowerPoint, MS Project, Excel, etc. and in the appropriate forum (i.e. weekly project status meetings, weekly team meetings and reports)
- Communicate regularly with numerous stakeholders, both Government and Vendors, through regular and ad-hoc meetings to identify and elicit the information needed in a timely manner in order to complete deliverables on schedule
- Collaborate with other members of the project team to help the government project manager meet financial and project requirements
- Three (3) or more years of professional project management experience
- Strong organization and customer support skills.
- Ability to work with the client and deliver high quality, detailed, and testable business requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, writing, and project coordination experience
- Ability to work well internally with our team members as well as externally with all levels of stakeholders, senior management, staff, other vendors, and clients
- Experience with MS Office Suite (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, Excel, OneNote) and SharePoint
- Experience with DEAMS, and ABSS is preferred.
Project+ Certification AND CompTIA Security+
Must obtain an active DoD Secret Clearance
SMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SMS is a veteran-owned network integrator established in 1976. With an employee retention rate averaging over 5 years, our ability to hire quality people and retain them in a rapidly evolving IT market proves why we are a world-class information technology company. At SMS, we place a high value on quality of service, customer satisfaction, and best-of-breed policies and practices. As a result, SMS is proud to be ISO 9001:2008 Registered and a CMMI Level 3 certified company, ensuring that we continue to meet and exceed the expectations of our customers, partners and employees.
SMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.