Regional Driver - DEC
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Madison, AL 35756
From working with top-notch equipment and learning new skills, to teaming up with people who take pride in their jobs (and yours) – once you see what Averitt truck driver jobs are all about, you’ll want in for the long haul. In fact, more than 10% of our truck driver associates have been with us for more than 20 years.
CDL-A Regional Truck Driver Job:
Averitt Express is currently offering professional CDL-A truck driver jobs in our regional driver division. Drive primarily Southern, Southwest, and Midwest lanes with occasional runs to the Northeast. Regional CDL-A truck driver jobs feature weekly home time, 100% no-touch freight, PrePass Plus, and a spouse rider program.
Why are more CDL-A truck drivers turning to Averitt?
Uniformed company with quality people and a culture built on a proven formula for individual success
Opportunities for transfer and promotion from within after completion of 6 months in current position
Leading transportation provider since 1971
We love our vets! Make your transition to a civilian life a smooth one with GI Bill benefits!
Turn here for a quality of life that matches the quality of your work:
.46 CPM starting pay rate
84% of our drivers are home by noon on Saturdays
Stop, layover, breakdown, & detention pay
8 paid holidays (after 90 days)
Paid Time Off – up to 8 weeks
Company-paid life insurance & short-term disability benefits
Profit sharing & 401(k) plans
Family & individual BlueCross BlueShield medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package
Referral rewards – cash bonuses for referrals
Assigned, safe, well-maintained Volvos & Freightliners with APUs & 100% automatic transmission
Loads less than 400 miles will be paid at 400 miles
2-day loads less than 800 miles will be paid at 800 miles
>> WE’LL TRAIN YOU! $800/week while training (range 1-3 weeks) <<
Requires 4 months’ verifiable exp. in past 3 years or 6 months’ verifiable exp. in past 5 years.
Averitt’s fleet includes local, dedicated, and regional truck jobs. Drivers can change their driving preferences as their careers progress, including opportunities in operations and leadership.
Ready to change? Turn here and apply for an Averitt truck job today!
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
CDL-A Regional Truck Driver Job Requirements:
- Must live within 150 mile radius of an Averitt Service Center in which you are applying for.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- 6 months of verifiable tractor-trailer experience within past 3 years (less any training time) OR minimum of 4 months verifiable tractor-trailer experience within the past 3 years OR 6 months of verifiable tractor-trailer experience within the past 5 years.
- Must have a Class A CDL.
- No convictions for reckless driving within the past 5 years.
- No convictions for DUI or DWI within the past 5 years.
- No suspensions or revocations for a moving violation within the last 5 years.
- No serious violations within previous 12 months (15 mph or greater, following too closely, improper passing, traffic offense committed in a CMV in connection with a fatality).
- No more than 3 moving violations within the past 3 years.
- No preventable DOT recordable accidents within the past 3 years.
- Open/ close trailer door- force requirement: 46 lbs
- Count freight
- Complete fuel tickets
- Hook/ unhook trailer – force requirement: 90 lbs
- Perform pre-trip inspections
- Extensive travel – ability to sit upright for extended periods of time
- Move freight- force requirement: 54 lbs
- Regular predictable attendance
- Enter/ exit a Commercial Motor Vehicle
- Enter/ exit the rear of a trailer from ground level