Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Aliceville, AL 35462
- Have valid Driver License, CDL preferred and/or medical certification as required for the vehicle being operated. Must be able to hear, speak and see, with ability to walk one mile or more.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Herbicide Certification and licensing as required by Lewis Tree Service Policy and state, local and federal laws.
- Must be able to perform physical labor such as lifting a minimum of 50 pounds to shoulder height or more.
- Must be capable of operating two handed equipment (chain saw, circular saw, etc.) and have the physical ability to endure extreme climate variances.
- Must obtain and maintain CPR and First Aid cards.
- Must successfully complete the Ground person Technical Knowledge & Skills Certification.
Nature of Duties:
- Trims and/or removes trees by climbing or with aid of an aerial lift, but only under the direct supervision of a crew leader or qualified line clearance tree trimmer.
- Loads and unloads trucks with logs, brush and debris and/or feeds brush into brush chipper.
- Uses hand lines to lower limbs and equipment. Keeps work area picked up and orderly.
- Carries and lays out materials, tools and equipment at work site. Use and maintenance of small power tools at ground level.
- Sprays stumps and brush.
- Drives and operates trucks and other equipment as assigned.
- Keeps trucks and other assigned equipment in a neat and orderly fashion. Reports the need for repairs to truck and equipment to crew leader.
- Safeguards employees and public from hazards in and around the working area. Helps enforce on the job safety practices.
- Performs other related work as assigned.
Lewis Tree Service – Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employer’s Job# GROUN01901-Aliceville
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.