PROCESS ENGINEER - Talladega, AL
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
talladega, AL 35160
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
PROCESS ENGINEER-Talladega, AL
Georgia-Pacific?is currently looking for a?Process Engineer?to work at our?Lumber facility in?Talladega, AL. In this hands-on engineering role, you will drive process improvement initiatives of existing operations as well as new processes.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Monitor product quality and contribute to the overall direction and success of the Talladega operations
- To supervise/coordinate production efforts that result in sustained improvement in all associated work processes including: Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) compliance, reliability, quality, production and costs
- Monitor equipment for accuracy, value, and yield
- Perform process checks and studies
- Keep management informed on process variables
- Provide support in the development of?standard?operating procedures
- Train and use a structured?approach to problem?solving.? Serve?as a proactive leader towards improvements to?products, flow, cost, recovery, quality, work processes, etc.?
- Participate/Lead projects that address step change?improvements and?gap closure
- Assist in monthly inventory verification?and?documentation
- Assist in process optimization to maximize?production?rates, product quality and yield
- Develop and apply strategies to optimize?on-going?operations using the automation platform in conjunction with?the operations, maintenance and engineering staffs at the mill.
- Maintain calibration of process equipment to?assure?standards are met
- To lead an operational team in the production of solid wood lumber products in a safe and efficient manner
- To take ownership of the existing safety and quality processes
- Promote employee involvement; providing coaching, feedback and direction as required
- Troubleshoot and resolve production issues, provide safety training to production associates, team development, and delivering training materials in a meaningful approach
- Complete all paperwork and analysis in a timely and efficient manner
What You Will Need:
This role is not eligible for Visa sponsorship.
- Bachelor?s degree or higher
- Must be able and willing to work in a manufacturing?plant environment, including extended periods of time in noisy, non-air?conditioned or unheated areas
- Must be able and willing to work safely,?including?wearing and using appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Must be willing to work a flexible work?schedule,?including but not limited to rotating shifts, overnight?shifts, and?weekends
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word,?PowerPoint, Outlook)
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Experience with continuous improvement methods and lean manufacturing
- Computer network skills
- Experience with the quality control process and monitoring systems.
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf