Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Decatur, AL 35601
At ULA, success comes through the efforts of a strong, united team.
Thanks for your interest in United Launch Alliance, the world s most experienced and reliable space launch company!
Successfully launching more than 130 consecutive missions doesn t just happen. It s credit to the commitment of our 2,500 team members and the systems and processes we use to pull them together.
As a ULA employee, you ll have the opportunity to grow in your career while working in a team-oriented culture that combines technology, innovation, ingenuity and a commitment to the extraordinary.
Together, our unshakable unity yields stronger solutions and better results as we carry out our mission to save lives, explore the universe, and connect the world.
Our team is excited to meet you!
Your Role: What you’ll be doing
This job encompasses work typically performed by machine operators responsible for the set-up and operation of large 3 to 5 axis CNC Vertical Turret Lathe (VTL) and CNC Gantry Milling machines for turning and milling of precision aluminum ring forgings and plate stock to produce high quality production hardware:
- Setting up tooling fixtures, indicating in large ring forgings and plates, identifying cutting tool requirements, loading CNC programs, visual inspecting, hand deburring, and wash operation of various manufacturing handling equipment such as overhead cranes.
- Validation of CNC program configuration for rings and large pattern plate stock parts while maintaining quality requirements, parts handling and configuration buy off. Apply multiple disciplines (deburring, hand finishing, part washing).
- Working to specified tolerances and finishes to achieve blueprint specification of large scale rings and/or skin panels.
- Determining finishing requirements and prescribing in proper sequence the operations required and the methods and/or equipment necessary to accomplish the finishing of surfaces (deburring, wash booths, etc).
- Performing other assignments in a lean manufacturing facility including working in other areas such as chemical processing and brake forming as required.
Your Background: What education and experience you’ll need
Required qualifications are indicated in the current Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Your Background: What skills you’ll need
- High School diploma or equivalent and 3 years or more of related machining experience
- 3 to 5 axis machining/turning experience
Security Clearance / International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR). This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR). Therefore, all applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined in ITAR 120.15 (e.g., U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card holder) or protected individual. Also see 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) and 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) for additional information).
ULA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other categories protected by law.
ULA is a participant in the federal E-Verify Program. Posters in PDF format pertaining to this program can be accessed by clicking on the links identified below. E-Verify Participation poster (English – Spanish ) and Right to Work poster ( English – Spanish ).
INTERESTED IN GROWING IN YOUR CAREER WITH ULA?
Apply today. We look forward to learning more about you!.
Employer’s Job# 36BR
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.