Enhanced Security Officer - Mobile
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Mobile, AL 36615
- Responds to a variety of calls/incidents, secures/safeguards crime scenes, perform crowd control as required, performs personnel, vehicular and building facility checks, First Aid and CPR as required, and completes all required reports, forms, and other documentation IAW established procedures.
- Staffs post continuously and provide access control; deters/reports unauthorized personnel or vehicular entry, directs traffic and provides information to visitors, operates magnetometers and screens packages
- Safely maintains and qualifies with assigned weapon, maintains uniform and grooming standards IAW company policies, operates patrol vehicle in a safe manner
- Conducts flag protocols
- Safeguards all assets, provide motorist assistance and escort persons and equipment
- Provides prisoner transport and security to prisoners when necessary
- Conducts any other assignments in accordance with established SOP’s
- High School diploma or GED
- Meet one of the following experience/education requirements for Security Officer:
- An Associate’s degree, or at least 60-semester hours college credit in any field of study
- Three (3) years security experience within past five (5) years,
- Three (3) years military or National Guard experience, (active or reserve) or
- Successful completion of Police Officer Standard Training (POST) course, or
- Any reasonable combination of the above.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Possess and provide proof of at a minimum, either a HS diploma or GED equivalency certificate or a higher degree.
- Successfully pass a criminal history background investigation
- Must Speak English fluently; read and comprehend written English.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent skill using Microsoft applications
- Must be capable of learning new computer programs and applications
- Must be able to work various shifts, to include weekends and Holidays
- Must be able to successfully complete approximately 80 hrs. of company provided training. (Classes are scheduled 7 days a week)
- Must be able to successfully complete a pre-employment physical exam and drug screen
- Must be able to successfully complete a pre-employment Physical Readiness Test
- Must be able to successfully complete and pass all company provided training; to include Expandable Baton, Defensive Tactics, and incident report writing.
- Must be able to successfully pass the Alutiiq Driver’s Safety Course
- Must have a clean Driving Record
- Must possess and maintain state required Armed Security Officer licensing
- Must possess and maintain state required Concealed Carry Permit (where applicable)
- Current Operator’s permit. (Driver’s License)
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work with little supervision
Mobile, Alabama, United States
Afognak Native Corporation, Alutiiq LLC and their subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.