A220 Quality Inspector (Structures)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Mobile, AL 36615
- 15-Jul-2019 to 30-Nov-2019 (CST)
- Mobile, AL, USA
- Full Time
Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defense as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than sixfold order book increase since 2000.
Position Summary: Responsible for the execution and confirmation of quality inspections as part of the production process with an emphasis on the aircraft structure.
- Execute technical inspections in the production process of the aircraft in the context of the authorization of manufacturer operation.
- Prepare and perform visual, incoming, first article, final inspections during aircraft manufacture for compliance for compliance with design specifications, customers and certification requirements.
- Document the technical inspections performed in the production orders SAP-based and the relevant SAL-based IT systems by inspection arks and complete other aircraft documents as well as prepare first article inspection reports.
- Support troubleshooting and participate in Quality Survey requests.
- Compile all technical data of non-conformance in order to launch the SAP-based quality discrepancy sheets for the professional assessment in accordance with the manufacturing engineering documentation.
- Document all the results of the technical inspector in the SAP based IT system.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- Quality Inspector Systems: A technician with a focus on Quality Inspection in system manufacturing in the aviation industry with a high school diploma.
- FAA Airframe & Powerplant License, an A&P license including inspection authorization is preferred.
- 2 years or more experience as a Quality Inspector in an international aviation company.
- Airline experience is desirable
- A&P License (preferred)
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems.
- Knowledge of drawing systems, inspection plans, and inspection coordination.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, methods and tools used in the production line.
- Handling and use of inspection tools of the length measuring techniques (mechanical, optional… For full info follow application link.
Airbus in America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Airbus in America complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Airbus in America expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Airbus’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.