Flightline Mechanic - A220
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Mobile, AL 36615
- 20-Jun-2019 to 29-Nov-2019 (CST)
- Mobile, AL, USA
- Full Time
Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defense as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than sixfold order book increase since 2000.
Responsible for performing Functional Test Procedure (FTP), Pre & Post Flight inspection prepare built aircraft for test flight and delivery readiness. This includes operating, testing, troubleshooting, repairing and inspecting aircraft systems using approved aircraft data. Proficiently operate and understand a wide variety of test equipment and tooling. Must be able to interpret technical manuals, drawing and engineering data to support tasks. Complete assigned tasks within the allocated man-hour budget and meet the guide lines of safety regulations, on quality and on cost.
Primary Responsibilities: 70%
- Perform aircraft system Final Test Procedure Test (FTP) / Pre /Post flight check list/ Daily Inspection (DI) prepare built aircraft for test flight readiness
- Ability to learn new tasks and techniques in trouble shoot aircraft systems and support Flight line operation at Airbus FAL Mobile Flight line Organization.
- Troubleshoots malfunctions, rigs, repairs, replacement aircraft structures, components and aircraft systems of moderate difficulty, maintains and rework aircraft components including but not limited to landing gear, flight surfaces and controls, anti-icing, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems, ventilation, heating and cooling systems and mechanical / Cabin interior components
- Servicing, repair and prepare documentation in according with company procedure and specifications
- Perform Post dock maintenance daily check list/ Safety and security /Incoming inspection
- Perform day to day planned and unplanned aircraft maintenance family
- Participate actively in the development and improvement of family system trouble shoot skills
- Prior experience as Refuel/Defuel, Aircraft Jack and Tow. Experience performing other miscellaneous aircraft services to include but not limited to: Hydraulic and Engine Oil, service aircraft tire/struts and must be familiar with handling Hazard material policy
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities: 20%
- Basic knowledge of… For full info follow application link.
Airbus in America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Airbus in America complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Airbus in America expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Airbus’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.