Experienced Field Engineer - Mechanical Steam Turb
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Birmingham, AL 35242
FieldCore, a GE company, is a new, independent industrial field services company that will deliver the highest standard of field services excellence and capabilities for GE and its customers. FieldCore will bring together the field services expertise and people from both Granite Services and GE’s Power Services into one powerhouse. Driven by the values of safety, quality, and integrity, FieldCore will be built to deliver operational excellence for customers in the power generation, oil & gas, nuclear, and wind power markets. For more information, check out
The Steam Turbine TFA travels to customer sites and support our customers with their installation, maintenance, and warranty work with industrial power generation rotating equipment, primarily Steam Turbines and some Gas Turbines. In order to provide direction to others, this position requires technical competence in reading and interpreting electrical/mechanical flow and instrument diagrams, dial and laser alignment and thermal growth equipment. The Steam Turbine TFA implements and executing the work under safety and environmental policies, behaving as an example for others and provide full and active commitment in the deployment of the EHS Policies and any additional project-specific written statement or procedure
- Perform on-site installation of systems and equipment and ongoing preventive maintenance, repair and calibration after installation
- Respond to requests for emergency repairs and services to troublesome equipment
- Provide technical instruction and assistance to customer representatives regarding installation, operation, calibration, repair and maintenance at customer’s sites
- Perform administrative functions such as: writing technical reports, ordering materials, securing quotations, preparing job status reports, reports to customers, time sheet and expense sheets on a complete timely, and thorough basis
- Signs off on all changes implemented.
- Drive customer satisfaction through commitment to quality.
- Maintain strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within GE safety standards
- Knowledge to troubleshoot and provide routine maintenance checkout for wide range of equipment vintage
- Prepare timely and accurate technical reports for customer records and a reference for future outages
- Ensure all parts needed for the job are shipped to the site
- Perform walk-downs during installation to ensure that the customer’s contractors are working properly.
- Perform aftermarket upgrades that need to be performed at the site level.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Technical/University degree or qualifying experience OR a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in a Field Services role
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a field services or power generation equipment maintenance position
- In order to provide direction to others, position requires technical competence in reading and interpreting electrical/mechanical flow and instrument diagrams dial and laser alignment and thermal growth equipment.
- Extensive travel to and from projects and various field assignments will be required.
- Qualified level. Has the knowledge and skill to actively support an outage and be aware of where to seek answers to questions as they arise. Has experienced successful installations and… For full info follow application link.
FieldCore is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law