Software Developer SDE - #018
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35816
Software Developer SDE – .#20190916-018Position is located at Huntsville, AL – no relocation allowance available
Security Clearance: Must have an active Secret Clearance.
Job Description & Required Skills:
This position will work under the leadership of the Software Development Environment (SDE) Lead who has overall responsibility to ensure the C2BMC software development and integration staff has the required tools and processes in place to develop and integrate the C2BMC system. This position’s responsibilities include:
- Implement and maintain an integrated software development environment across the two C2BMC software development sites (Huntsville AL and Colorado Springs CO).
- Research new technology and tools to determine their applicability to the C2BMC environment. Successful candidate will have the ability to support trade studies by providing data to determine which technologies provide the most cost effective, lowest implementation risk while providing a high-performance software development environment.
- Once tools are selected, incorporate and integrate the selected tools into the SDE.
- Document the configuration and use of the SDE and assist with training and mentoring for the software developers using the toolset.
- Perform periodic upgrades and maintenance on the toolset.
- Work with Configuration Management and Program Operations to manage software licenses for the two development sites.
The candidate must possess the ability to work in a fast-paced environment providing coordination of activities within the Development organization. The candidate must be a self-starter who is able to initiate research and evaluate new software development tools, processes and procedures.
The candidate must have knowledge of full life-cycle software engineering practices and procedures applicable to large software systems to include:
- Recent hands on application development experience and/or coursework in the use of the Java programming language.
- Experience with or understanding of software unit testing strategies, automated software builds, continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Hands on experience with software development and CM tools such as Eclipse, ClearCase, CruiseControl, Hudson, Ant, Maven, Nexus, JUnit, Confluence, Spring, Collaborator, SonarQube, JIRA, Jenkins and Fortify.
- Familiarity with Information Assurance (IA) implications and processes, which is critical to the selection of applicable products that meet the overall system sustainability is desirable.
Experience in the following areas is desired:
- Experience evaluating different toolsets and providing recommendations for use.
- Experience on both Windows and Linux platforms.
- Familiarity with Software Configuration Management tools and procedures.
- Awareness of emerging technologies and experience with the use and selection of Free and Open Source Software (FOSS). Working knowledge of Ballistic Missile Defense concepts, Battle Management and Command and Control (BM/C2) systems, defense communications systems, and the BMDS in… For full info follow application link.
Penta Research Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.
We offer a very competitive benefit package that includes: Health, Dental, Vision, 401k match, Personal Leave, Holiday Pay, and Employee Recognition. Come join our team of “People with Solutions”.
Please visit our website at www.pentaresearch.com for more information. Resumes can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include job opening reference number.