Physical Security Specialist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35808
i3 is seeking a Physical Security Specialist!
- Ensure facility compliance with all policies and directives.
- Assist in the development of security plans and procedures for safeguarding classified information.
- Assist with and present indoctrination, debrief, and refresher training for program briefed personnel regarding obligations to protest classified information.
- Ensure adequate secure storage and work spaces for customers, assist with conducting annual inventory of accountable classified material.
- Identify and requisition equipment and supply needs.
- Provide security support access verification at program working groups/conferences.
- Maintain all required facility paperwork and accreditations and ensure proper handling of classified materials.
- Assist in conducting physical security and risk vulnerability inspections, policies, and procedures and providing recommendations to appropriate personnel.
- Coordinate and maintain personnel access to classified areas.
- Maintenance of DOD required office files, to include the destruction of program materials, and secure fax operations.
- Ensure the proper handling of classified materials; proper inventory and labeling of all existing media within facility; proper marking of classified materials.
- Process incoming and outgoing visit requests and certifications through the Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS).
- Control incoming and outgoing visitor access, escort visitors and interface with senior level government and corporate officials and their staffs. Verify visitor clearances. Escort non-cleared personnel. Brief visitors to security requirements of facility.
- Prepare documents for receiving packaging, shipping and secure transmissions and, courier letters for designated couriers.
- 5+ years experience
- Active Secret Security Clearance required.
- Experience in program management, facilities, security, overseeing employee and facility clearances, and providing oversight for classified projects and resources.
- DOD level experience and functional knowledge, and extensive experience of government network security.
- Experience with automated information system security, and experience with database functions, including JPAS and eQIP.
- Strong knowledge, skills, and abilities in the following areas:
- Trouble shooting and problem solving skills.
- Organizational and planning skills.
- Business software packages, including MS Office.
- Interpersonal skills:
- Ability to confidently interact with individuals at all levels of authority.
- Ability to communicate effectively with visitors.
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations.
Business Unit: CSE
Clearance: Secret Required
Location : Location: US-AL-Huntsville