Security Guard - Tatitlek Technologies, Inc. (4118
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35805
Security Guard – Tatitlek Technologies, Inc.
Job specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
The Security Guard enforces regulations and procedures designed to prevent breaches of security. Exercises judgment and uses discretion in responding to incidents and emergencies, determining whether to intervene directly, ask for assistance as time permits, keep situations under control or surveillance, or to report incident or situation to the appropriate authority for handling. Duties require specialized training in methods and techniques of protecting controlled areas. Performs guard duties. Required to demonstrate proficiency with firearms and other special weapons, and to meet rigorous physical fitness standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Report to work in the proper uniform and maintain the appropriate uniform at all times while on duty.
- Performs security guard duties.
- Must be able to enforce regulations and procedures designed to prevent breaches of security.
- Must exercise judgment and use discretion in responding to incidents and emergencies.
- Must have the ability to determine whether to intervene directly, ask for assistance as time permits, keeps situations under control or surveillance and to report the incident or situation to the appropriate authority for handling.
- Must be able to work beyond 8 hours per day when required.
- Must be able to work Day, Swing or Night shift as assigned.
- Must be a US citizen and obtain/posses/maintain a background suitability/adjudication through the Department of Justice (DOJ).
- Must be a Certified Security Officer in the state of Alabama.
- Must be highly organized and have excellent oral and written communication skills in order to interface with personnel and other government agencies at all levels.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of office policies, practices and procedures.
- Ability to work independently.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential and marginal functions require maintaining physical condition necessary for: bending, stooping, sitting, walking or standing for prolonged periods of time, often in rough terrain and in severe weather; moving or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds; operating through extended periods of high stress. Must possess: visual acuity to review written documentation; ability to hear and understand speech at normal room levels and on the telephone; and the manual dexterity to operate a cell phone, handheld radio, telephone and keyboard.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable… For full info follow application link.
As an equal opportunity employer, The Tatitlek Corporation recognizes that our strength lies in our people. Discrimination and all unlawful harassment, including sexual harassment, in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. We support and obey laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business.