Lead Field Engineer, AL/MS/TN
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Birmingham, AL 35242
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Industrial Solutions empowers smarter business operations by connecting equipment, software, and services to protect, control, and optimize assets within electrical infrastructures. Across multiple energy-intensive industries, the business provides customers with end-to-end product and service solutions that help ensure the reliability and protection of their electrical infrastructure.
The Lead Field Engineer develops practical and innovative ways to identify and meet goals. In this role you are responsible for work that is less defined in scope, utilize your understanding and experience to execute business objectives, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals
- Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serve as the primary on-site representative to the ABB end customer/user and other ABB field personnel
- Occasionally have additional team leader administrative responsibilities to coordinate internal field service activities
- Perform duties as the Project Manager for all assigned ABB product lines and assist the customer with technical understanding of the operation, maintenance, and trouble-shooting of multiple types of ABB products
- Review effectiveness of maintenance actions to identify training needs
- Assist customer with improving reliability and reducing cost of ownership
- Provide single point of contact to the customer, customer team, and all other ABB stakeholders
- Assist the factory with data collection and timely reporting to facilitate fleet performance analysis, including marketing intelligence and sales opportunities for services, and support
- Assist customer with spare parts ordering, issues resolution, and provisioning
- Perform collateral duties as assigned to meet business needs as they relate to EHS, Quality, Integrity, etc.
- Perform duties in Power Delivery, Drive systems, and Control Systems, etc.
- Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college (or a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a support or field engineering position)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a field engineering role including a minimum of 3 years of experience performing power systems analysis and a minimum of 1 year of experience in customer support and the development of successful customer relationships.
- Ability and willingness to travel 50% of the time within VA, NC, SC region
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in the United States
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with various electrical controls and systems to include: Mid-Voltage Switchgear, Low-Voltage Switchgear, Switchgear, Power Panels & Motor Control Center (MCC), Generators & Transformers Maintenance, Electromechanical… For full info follow application link.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB Inc.
ABB Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: