Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Montgomery, AL 36108
Summary of Duties:
Maintains the integrity of the office and functions as a liaison between departments, students, staff, and visitors. Performs administrative duties for the department’s manager(s)/director, as well as for other staff members in that area.
Description of Duties:
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Functions as a liaison between department and students, staff, vendors, visitors, etc.: Handles incoming emails, calls, voicemail messages and mail, and prepares information for efficient distribution and action as necessary. Uses common courtesy when greeting visitors and answering phones. Schedules appointments and interviews. Makes travel arrangements as necessary. Provides necessary information to department and manager/director to ensure timely response by either. Keeps updates on Job Corps and corporate notices and ensures department responds as necessary.
- Completes copying, typing and filing as requested and needed: Produces clear copies of requested materials. Proofreads typed documents prior to returning to originator. Prepares weekly reports and other required DOL, Corporate and Center reports. Types SOPs, plans, meeting minutes, agenda memos, reports, correspondence, newsletters and any other item as directed. Pays attention to detail, ensuring that documents distributed from your department are well written, comprehensive, error free and of a high quality. Researches special topics and projects to increase awareness and resource capacity. Maintains department files to include SOPs, weekly reports, weekly summation reports, JCRL reports, etc.
- Performs other duties as requested by department manager/director: Schedules and attends office meetings, sends out required reports, runs office errands, attends training, works in lieu of other secretaries and clerks on an as-needed basis, helps distribute student pay, assists with special printed projects, acts proactively, completes tasks in a timely and proficient manner, tracks and follow through on action items, exercises good judgment and problem-solving skills on manager’s/director’s behalf, and other comparable duties.
- Enters information into the Center Information System and keeps necessary files and records: Enters information into CIS as required. Maintains accurate hard and electronic copy files as necessary to ensure department meets DOL, Corporate, and Center expectations. Runs CIS reports to ensure information entered is accurate.
- Monitors budget, controls inventory and ensures the department areas are attractive, clean, safe and in good repair: Completes purchase requests (PRs) and check requests to include budget management. Ensures that purchase orders (POs) are received and filed initially, and that the items requested are received in a timely manner. Ensures that all equipment assigned to the department is properly accounted for and maintained in good condition. Initiates work orders and ensures that repairs are completed in a timely manner. Ensures that work area, including managers/directors and other assigned areas, are attractive, clean and safe at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.Modeling, Mentoring and Monitoring: Contributes to the success of students by participating in a CMT. The CMT is responsible for students’ successful matriculation through the Job Corps program from CDP (Career Development Phase) through Career which includes receipt of the academic, CTT, employability, career success standard and social skills necessary to attain and maintain a viable post-Center placement. The Former… For full info follow application link.
Afognak Native Corporation, Alutiiq LLC and their subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.