Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Anniston, AL 36201
Job Requisition ID: 27373
Location: Anniston Operations (Anniston, AL)Position: Manufacturing Process Engineer
This is a staff position for the Anniston, AL Heat Transfer Fluid manufacturing site, which is in the Additives and Functional Products Division. This position involves work with fluids supply leadership, Operations, staff, Maintenance, Engineering and office technical personnel. Primary responsibilities are to identify and implement improvements to the manufacturing process, including productivity improvements, as well as address safety, reliability and environmental concerns. The department operates a number of distinct unit operations and supports the Therminol business, requiring the ability to contribute across a broad spectrum. Other duties include day-to-day oversight of a manufacturing area, process troubleshooting, assistance with crew projects, monthly production reporting and closing the books and KRA team participation at the department and site level. This position reports to the HTF Manufacturing Manager.
- Develop and lead efforts in Manufacturing to meet key business and site initiatives while maintaining a focus on safety
- Provide day-to-day technical support for production processes
- Coordinate capital project work with the department/site and implement capital projects serving as division rep, as necessary
- Identify, define and implement process improvements and other projects
- Work closely with technical, operational and Maintenance resources to develop and prioritize improvement projects
- Develop and prioritize a project portfolio. Coordinate resources for implementation
- Drive reliability and other general improvements within the department
- Participate in the area maintenance planning process and identify improvement opportunities
- Serve as the Manufacturing interface with Engineering, as required
- Serve as the Manufacturing interface for the HSES department, as required, and provide operational oversight for the MOC process and serve as the PHA team leader, as needed
- Provide technical assistance and leadership to Chief Operators and crew teams
- Provide back-up assistance in the absence of the Manufacturing Supervisor or Manager or when needed
- Maintain an awareness of Manufacturing concerns through daily interactions with staff, operators and supervision
- Communicate effectively and appropriately with all stakeholders
- Provide occasional weekend duty coverage for the department once on-boarding /training is complete
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering from an ABET-accredited school
- 0-5 years of experience in a manufacturing setting
- Must be able to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Must be able to utilize typical personal protective equipment
- Must be able to physically access equipment throughout the plant on multiple levels
Nearest Major Market: Anniston
Job Segment: Process Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Supply, Maintenance Engineer, Engineering, Operations
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.