Collections Associate II - Warranty (Bilingual)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Northport, AL 35476
Full time – Regular
Type of Hire
Requisition will be sent to PeopleFluent
Establishes effective payment plans with past due and over-limit credit/debit card accounts or to collect dishonored checks through telephone contact and letters. Responsible for routine account maintenance, including but not limited to skip tracing efforts to locate customers.
General duties and responsibilities:
- Place inbound and outbound calls through an auto dialer system to negotiate and collect dishonored checks and past due or over-limit credit/debit card accounts .
- Works with customer to negotiate a repayment arrangement in a minimal number of contacts.
- Updates customer’s contact and account information during each contact.
- Responsible for account research, including skip tracing, through the use of online credit bureaus and other systems.
- Works with other internal FIS departments, including but not limited to customer service and accounting, as needed.
- Contacts outside companies (e.g., agent banks, attorneys, credit counseling agents) as needed.
- Maintains control of the conversation with customer at all times. Follows basic call flow and handling procedures while adapting to each conversation using the phone skills and techniques learned during training.
- Adhere to all departmental procedures and Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) regulations.
- When unable to resolve the problem in a reasonable amount of time, will escalate to the appropriate resource. Follows up on escalated issues with coaching and mentoring to learn the appropriate solution and expand overall knowledge.
- May provide guidance and/or mentoring to less experienced Collections Representatives.
A high school diploma or GED is required for this role. Associate or Bachelor’s degree is preferable; or equivalent combination of education and experience that is required for the specific job level.
General knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Requires ability to navigate a computerized data entry system or other relevant applications
- Working knowledge of collection laws, bankruptcy requirements and guidelines
- Able to work with data entry systems, credit bureau reports and collection techniques
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages
- Ability to make decisions within specified parameters
- Ability to work effectively with multiple tasks and situations
- Ability to work in a Predictive Dialer environment
- Ability to work productively in a high transaction volume environment
- Ability to work… For full info follow application link.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply.
If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check)
ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.