Mechanical Engineer (Commericial)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Birmingham, AL 35222
Mechanical Engineer (Commericial)
SSOE Group is seeking a talented Mechanical Engineer for our Birmingham, AL office location.
As a mid-level engineer, you are at a pivotal point in your career. The ultimate goal for our engineers to hold an active, vital role in our project delivery designs. This can be as a design engineer, discipline lead. You will partner with your manager to determine the direction in the company you want follow. Many of our senior engineers/leaders in the company started as a co-op/intern or joined us right out of college, and navigated themselves to where they are today.
Many professionals at SSOE are held in high regard in their discipline and/or field. They can be seen in industry publications such as ENR, Processing Magazine, BD+C Magazine, Security Systems News (just to name a few), present at Autodesk University or for affiliation groups or professional societies and more.
We take technology seriously at SSOE. Our VDC/BIM Group are leading experts in pushing the envelope in design/build collaborative technology and applications. Our VDC/BIM team are always looking and exploring ways to make SSOE the leader in technology and how we can leverage it better in our everyday work efficiencies.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Size and select building mechanical systems such as misc. piping, ductwork, HVAC, etc.
- Produce mechanical drawings in AutoCAD and/or Revit.
- Design of plumbing systems.
- Perform code analysis.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree / DIRECT / 0-2
OSHA 10/30-hour Construction Certificate preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Degree from an ABET-accredited mechanical engineering program is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft software Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit.
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Candidates should have experience working on commercial projects, healthcare and/or educational projects.
- Navisworks experience is preferred.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 6 years (BD+C), SSOE focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of project delivery solutions. They have been named a “Great Workplace” (Great Place to Work) and one of the “Best AEC Firms to Work For” (BD+C).
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company’s 70-year history, it has earned a reputation for providing quality project solutions to semiconductor, automotive, food, chemical, glass, manufacturing, healthcare, power, and general building industries-with projects completed in 40 countries. Visit www.ssoe.com for additional information and career opportunities.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global project delivery firm for architecture, engineering, and construction management.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- 9 out of 10 clients surveyed would recommend us to a colleague.
- 95% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 5 years.
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years.
Equal Opportunity and Disability Accessibility Statement
SSOE is an equal opportunity employer and provides fair and equal treatment to all individuals, employees, and applicants for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability, genetic information, military / veteran status, or any other protected group status under… For full info follow application link.