Aircraft Structure Rework Mechanic - Xplant
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Mobile, AL 36615
- 10-Oct-2019 to 01-Dec-2019 (CST)
- Mobile, AL, USA
- Full Time
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2015, Airbus generated revenues of 64.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 136,600.
Airbus is a shareholder of the missile systems provider MBDA, a major partner in the Eurofighter consortium and owns a 50% stake in ATR, the turboprop aircraft maker, and Airbus Safran Launchers, the Ariane launcher manufacturer.
Airbus is a leading global manufacturer of Commercial Aircraft comprising highly successful families of aircraft ranging from 100 to over 600 seats. In Defense and Space, Airbus is a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft as well as space systems, equipment and services. In Helicopters, Airbus is the world’s No. 1 civil and parapublic helicopter manufacturer offering the world’s widest range of civil and military helicopters.
Position Summary: Responsible for the completion of all outstanding work coming from the plants and reparation of non-conformities created during the aircraft assembly process.
Essential Functions :
- Completion of all outstanding work from the various plants
- Perform repair work (non-conformities / concessions)
- Removal and replacement of various system components (hydraulic/pneumatic)
- Basic rig checks of flight controls
- Installation/replacement of cabin and cargo floorboards
- Work in compliance with production work orders, design documents, concessions and inspection procedures
- Prepare and solve queries, ensure follow-up and give feedback
- Examine and sort work orders and drawings
- Able to perform basic troubleshooting
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Participates in the maintenance/improvement of the Rework Department.
- Participate in daily toolbox inventories to comply with tool control program.
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
- 2+ years’ experience in aviation production.
- 2+ years’ experience in aviation production areas as a production and repair worker or leader
- Accumulated knowledge of production and quality rules in aviation obtained through education, prior employment. Or both.
- The job holder is able to read and understand blueprints, drawings and diagrams. Effectively and accurately use close tolerance measuring devices that produce work product that meet close tolerances and reflects a clear technical focus and attention to detail.
- Able to demonstrate personal responsibility.
- Able to demonstrate leadership ability.
- Verifiable performance with of a positive work attitude and performance as a team player.
- An understanding of Lean processes & concepts obtained through work experience and/or training.
- Demonstrate effective communication skill.
- Strong problem solving ability.
- Able to use… For full info follow application link.
Airbus in America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Airbus in America complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Airbus in America expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Airbus’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.