HR Generalist (Human Resources Generalist)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35806
SDI is seeking a part-time Human Resources Generalist to report to the Director of Human Resources. This position will work in our Headquarters office located in Huntsville, AL.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings; Assists in posting jobs via the applicant tracking system.
- Conducts or acquires background checks, drug screenings, employee eligibility verifications, and education verifications.
- Implements new hire orientation.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the Director of HR or other appropriate staff.
- Attends, assists with, and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Assists in the maintenance of compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- 1 or more years of experience working in Human Resources
- SHRM Certification a plus
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organizations facilities.
System Dynamics International, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access SDI’s careers page as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 256-895-9000. Thanks for your interest in System Dynamics International, Inc.