Collection Associate I (Self-Risk)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Northport, AL 35476
Full time – Regular
Type of Hire
Requisition will be sent to PeopleFluent
Associate’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree, General Equivalency Diploma, High School Diploma
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
FIS – Northport is located across the street from Kentuck Park just past historic Downtown Northport. As one of the largest employers in Northport we provide full benefits immediately upon employment. The company also offers 3 weeks of PAID vacation after the first 90 days in addition to other great benefits.
What you will be doing
As a Collections Associate you will take inbound/outbound calls in an auto dialer environment, establishing effective payment plans on past due accounts. Collections Associates handle both First and Third Party collections, while maintaining excellent levels of customer service.
- Negotiate repayment arrangements and collect dishonoured checks and past due or over-limit accounts
- Responsible for account research, including skip tracing, through the use of online credit bureaus
- Ability to follow basic call flow and handling procedures while adapting to each conversation using phone skills and techniques learned during training
- Adhere to all departmental procedures and Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA)
What you bring:
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to make decisions within specified parameters
- Ability to work effectively with multiple tasks and situations
- Working knowledge of collections laws, bankruptcy requirements and guidelines
Added bonus if you have:
- Previous collections, loan, or banking experience
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree
- Spanish bilingual
What we offer you
- Attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance
- A competitive salary and benefits
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- A broad range of professional education and personal development opportunities
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants… For full info follow application link.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply.
If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check)
ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.