Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Tuscaloosa, AL 35405
The function of the Account Merchandiser position is to stock and merchandise all the products of the Buffalo Rock Company in his / her assigned accounts under the Team Rock Concept following the AIM Selling Guidelines.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• The AM is to exhibit a high level of ethical and moral conduct while at work or in attendance of any off-site function during work hours or after work hours while representing the Buffalo Rock Company.
• AM is to exhibit through his / her words and actions during all working hours a high level of ethical and moral conduct
• Perform specific activities of the assigned route – This includes but is not limited to the selling in of new products, incremental displays, additional merchandising space, and promotions.
• Service all assigned accounts based on Division Policy for service frequency.
• Service all accounts in accordance with the AIM Selling Process.
• Develop and maintain positive professional customer relationships.
• Ensure that every reasonable precaution is taken to protect the safety of self, customers, Buffalo Rock Property, and customer property.
• Ensure that every reasonable precaution is taken to protect the Company from possible damages, theft, or other liabilities.
• AM will be responsible for continuous self improvement through the knowledge and use of all Company and Division provided training, either web-based, in-house, or any other Company provided method.
• Consistently review all existing policies/procedures for possible change.
• Communicate all transshipping activity in accordance to Company Policy and Procedures.
• Take ownership of the Team concept to ensure the group’s success.
• Communicate to the ADC / TDM all new accounts in your assigned sales area.
• Notify ADC / TDM of any change to an existing account, including ownership or closure.
• Properly complete all required paperwork to Company Policy and timeline.
• Monitor all assigned accounts for CDA compliance.
• Communicate daily with ADC / TDM any product shortages, product returns, refused orders, changes to next delivery order, account information changes, or any operational items.
• Achieve required % of Strategic Execution Objectives.
• Maintain required AIM Certification goals per account.
• Execute and achieve all account program key objectives.
• Properly rotate all products in accordance with the AIM Certification criteria.
• Ensure pallets, trays, damaged product, and returns are prepared for pick up at each account.
• Assist management in reporting competitive activity, achieving sales goals and metrics, and promoting the Team Rock concept.
• Will attend all scheduled meetings requiring your presence and / or participation.
• May be required to perform additional tasks or assigned additional duties not listed in this document.
• Adhere to customer policies for vendors or suppliers, which may include but is not limited to business conduct policies, business ethics policies, legal policies, and delivery and merchandising policies.
• Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
• Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
• Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Customer Oriented – Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
• Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Enthusiastic – Ability to bring energy to the performance of a task.
• Honesty / Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
• Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
• Safety Awareness – Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
• Self Motivated – Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of ones ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
Experience: No prior experience necessary
Computer Skills: •Radio/Cell Phone •Proficient Handheld use •Hand Truck Usage
Licenses: •Must be D.O.T. Certified (where applicable) •Valid State Driver"s License or Commercial Driver"s License (where applicable)
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this position.
O (Occasionally) Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 – 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Position requires this activity from 33% – 66% of the time (2.5 – 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Physical Demands Lift/Carry
Manually Manipulate C
Reach Outward C
Reach Above Shoulder C
Squat or Kneel C
10 lbs or less C
11-20 lbs C
21-50 lbs O
51-100 lbs N
Over 100 lbs N
12 lbs or less C
13-25 lbs C
26-40 lbs C
41-100 lbs C
Other Physical Requirements
• Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth)
• Sense of Sound – Required for a total work day.
• Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – Slip Resistant Shoes, Safety Vest and Glasses, and Ear Plugs.
This position is subject to working conditions related to the individual unique working conditions at each account. Work is performed in many different environments and all safety precautions should be taken.