2020 Software Engineering Undergrad Intern
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35806
Requisition ID: 47237
All Locations: Huntsville, AL (Alabama)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation’s space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration – to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Aerospace Corporation is seeking an Intern to join our Software Engineering Group. This group is responsible for full life cycle software engineering, development, cybersecurity, modeling and simulation, and software architecture support to the Missile Defense Agency.
This position will be located in Huntsville, AL
- Providing software and system acquisition, architecting, and engineering expertise, which contributes to mission success.
- Leading and participating in software development, policy, standards, research, education, and technical community activities.
- Working with various phases of program and software life-cycles (e.g., formation and evaluation of requirements, systems and software architecture, design, development), and other related areas.
- Working closely with geographically dispersed staff to provide on-time deliveries of milestone critical solutions/deliverables.
- Providing software engineering expertise at technical interchange meetings, reviews, briefings, and personal contact with Aerospace, customer, and contractor personnel.
- Providing software engineering support to software-intensive missile and ground systems.
- Assess missile system performance in simulation followed by missile flight test environments
- Evaluate algorithm performance enhancements through modeling, simulation, & analysis (MS&A).
- Development of software infrastructure to support dataset management and automated testing.
- Applies standard techniques and procedures to carry out a series of prescribed scientific and/or engineering tasks.
Performance standards to be successful in this internship position include:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must possess strong organizational, time management and project management skills
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing organizational need
- Effective interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts and work with other internal and external organizations
- Demonstrates behavior that is consistent with the company’s values of Dedication to Mission Success, Technical Excellence, Commitment to Our People, Integrity and Objectivity.
- Currently enrolled at an accredited college/university degree program pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical/Computer Engineering, or related program
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Minimum GPA… For full info follow application link.
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, and that produces superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.