Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Brookwood, AL 35490
- Lead controls department, Support production by reducing downtime with increased quality. Implementation of projects from the prototype to SOP phase. Drive corporate standards program and hardware.
Support Company Growth: Typical duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Support implementation of proven and newly developed automated equipment
- Lead controls designs (Controls requirements, Automation, Integration with LPS)
- Support production to reduce downtime with increased quality
- Develop predictive maintenance indicators to increase reliability and reduce downtime – (CBM)
- Develop PFMECA with defined contingency plan and disaster recovery
- Robust programming skills that do not require babysitting for the life of the program- goal is to support production and work on advancements in automation.
- Develop and implement poka-yokes to improve quality
Drive Company Standards: Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Drive corporate AME control standards and communicate suggested improvements
- Use control standards to develop requirements for automated cells
- Understand and communicate applicable safety standards: general industry (OSHA 1910), machine guarding, robot safety (ANSI/RIA 15.06), automated vehicles, conveyor safety
- Ergo analysis with the use of Human Tech software
- Completion of Risk Assessments on all automated equipment
- Knowledgeable in MS-Office and AutoCAD
- Expert in (RS logix 500, RS logix 5000, Baluff I/O link, and Fanuc robot, programming).
- Ability to read and create electrical drawings
- Ability to create 2D cell layout in AutoCAD
- Coordinate and manage controls systems
- Lead Mentor/train controls tech to support controls production
- Train supervisor, area leaders, production on controls based systems.
- Communicate across cross functional groups
- Support Kaizen projects
Skills and Special Requirements
- PLC, Robotic Programming
- Interfacing automation with LPS/LPS Knowledge
- Controls Communication protocol (devicenet, profibus, ethernet IP, IO link)
- Language-English proficiencies reading text descriptions
- RFID/scanning technologies
- Bachelors degree in engineering or a related field with experience in PLC, Programming, and Allen Bradley
- 3-4 years of experience in the automotive industry
- 3-4 years of experience in a supervisory role
Brookwood, Alabama, United States
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, are encouraged to apply.