Assistant Manager, Benefits
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Auburn, AL 36849
Job TitleAssistant Manager, Benefits
Department/OrganizationHuman Resources Admin
Salary Range$51,900 – $86,400
Job SummaryAuburn University seeks an experienced Human Resources professional to deliver benefits programs and services designed to support the mission of the University and contribute to Auburn’s recognition as an employer of choice.
The Auburn University Office of Human Resources promotes collaborative partnerships between Human Resources and its campus constituencies; welcomes innovation and the implementation of new ideas; promotes continual learning and development; and offers an engaged and dynamic approach to providing best practices in the field of human resources management.
The Assistant Manager of Benefits position will be responsible for assisting in the managing and administration of employee benefit plans offered by Auburn University and Auburn University Montgomery. The essential functions of the position include:
1. Provides assistance and back-up to the Manager, Employee Benefits, in the administration of all retirement, health and welfare benefit plans for the University.
2. Supervises, trains, leads, and oversees a customer-oriented benefits staff to include assigning duties, validating work, conducting performance review evaluations, and assisting in employee relations issues.
3. Administers and monitors electronic benefits systems to include electronic benefit enrollment system, Teachers Retirement Systems of Alabama (TRS) database, Human Resources Banner database, ACA compliance vendor and other systems as assigned. Works collaboratively with Information Support Services and other HR functional areas in regards to systems and employee data.
4. Administers, notifies, and reviews employees who may become eligible for benefit plans to include ACA eligibility, TRS eligibility.
5. Manages and oversees the Auburn University retiree/survivor population insured on Auburn University’s health plan and premium paid by these groups.
6. Assists in managing the benefit plan handbooks, summary plan descriptions, annual required notices, etc. to ensure compliance and correct information is maintained.
7. Assists in managing special projects and annual events such as Open Enrollment, Benefits Fairs, employee educational seminars and training, required mailings, Medicare Part D subsidy, new benefit plans and employee communications.
8. Communicates with employees to inform and advise regarding confidential matters, policies, procedures and regulations in regards to payroll and benefit issues to meet customer needs.
9. Assists in managing Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) administration and coordination with Payroll Specialists regarding leave, salary continuation, and other applicable benefits.
Minimum QualificationsEntry into the applicant pool requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Human Resources, Finance or closely related field, plus 4 years of experience administering/managing employee benefits plans.
The selected candidate should have knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, guidance/policy related to benefits including but not limited to: COBRA, PHI, ACA, FMLA, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement plans, and health plans, etc.
Please utilize the attachment feature of the on-line application system and attach a cover letter and resume. Only complete applications will be considered for selection.
A commitment to an inclusive and diverse campus environment is required.
Desired QualificationsPersonal, hands on experience designing and implementing new employee benefit programs and implementing a benefits enrollment system strongly desired.
Job Class CodeEB46
Job CategoryAdministrative Grade 34 and above
Quicklink for Postingwww.auemployment.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=194288