Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Tanner, AL 35671
TITLE OF POSITION: Principal Metallurgist—Aerospace Engine Product Group
LOCATION: Reading, PA
- Responsible for making proper disposition of referred, non-conforming and off-standard materials, including but not limited to RMR and customer claims
- Demonstrates the ability to provide training and education to customers
- Provides leadership to less-experienced staff
- Provides support, leadership and guidance to peers, customers, and managers in key projects
- Leads others in the use of statistical methods and experimental design
- Manages functional project teams to address and solve complex technical problems and recognize business trends for alloy and process development – including project planning and budget compliance
- Recognizes and communicates technical risk to management
- Applies SPC, six-sigma and/or BPI tools to detect and eliminate project and/or process inefficiencies
- BS degree in Metallurgical Engineering, Materials Science or related field
- Typically, 5 or more years of experience, combined with consistently strong performance
- Ability to travel and access mill and manufacturing areas
- Ability to provide training and education to key customers
- Ability to be self-directed and serve as a mentor to internal resources
- Ability to identify potential new products, processes and partners
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees.
Carpenter Technology Corporation’s policy is to fully and effectively maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans.